I'm on American Airlines flight 5180 Chicago to Manchester. La Hora Local Chicago 19:00PM. La Hora Local Manchester 1:00AM. Active children: 4. Number of times my right butt cheek has fallen asleep: 3. There's a man from "Brooosels" Belgium next to me who has been reading La Bible since we took off. Caddy corner, a guy about 20 or so scribbles notes on a hotel pad while his girlfriend (sister?) plays Nintendo DS-should've brought my Pikachu gameboy. I've read my lovely British Vogue courtesy of Hannah Coop and I've been enjoying my fully loaded iPod...Eating the delicious veg meal my dad so thoughtfully ordered...
Terribly uncomfortable, no sleep...
I've arrived! I'm riding the TransPenine Train to the Preston Railway Station. It's somewhat surreal, passing tidy brick homes on the way out of Manchester-I can just picture the "I hate Uncle Jamie" scene from the quintessential English movie Love Actually popping out of one of these front doors. The trains are really nice, though-a pleasant purple and teal...I like seeing the little parked cars resting on the left side of snowy roads. Off to UCLan!
No comments:
Post a Comment